What is Ragnar Relay?
It’s a long distance, an overnight running to conquer a course over two days and one night, with a team of friends, colleagues or strangers that will eventually turn out to be friends or family.
What to Expect?
Composed of 6-12 people to endeavor the hardship to finish the race and cries and laugh when it’s done! It is an unforgettable 200-mile experience. One thing, you’ll be exhausted for sure! With a shared van (good thing is you shared the fee other than that will be horrible 🙂
You’ll have less sleep, a smelly van, I bet you can’t sleep with the comfort you want. But you can share the big space outside.
What is Team?
It’s two days and one night obstacle course 🙂 Where the other teams are having fun and don’t have the longing of making it on the top finishers. They just have to make it to the finish line, that’s it! Though, being on the top is a big BONUS to the team.
There will be scenarios since you don’t know most of your team, but members will gladly accept who you are, you’ll not be judged, and they will welcome you whatever will be.
What to Prepare?
- Van – it’s best to decorate it, the first and basic in teamwork. Here, where you can go along and learn from other members.
- Costumes – that would depend on members, but I think to make it more memorable better to have one, further this does not be worn all the time.
- Recovery Tools – foam rollers for mobility and from tight and fatigued muscles after a long run.
- Gears – especially lights, headlamps and reflective gear. Light your way and yourself!
Are You Ready?
Are you willing enough to sign up one? There are communities you can search for a team. You can try it on Facebook groups or page or in a forum. And for your guidelines, here are lists of upcoming events of Ragnar for this month and the month of June this year.
- Ragnar Trail Zion – UT – Fri, May. 12, 2017 to Sat, May. 13, 2017
- Reebok Ragnar Cape Cod – Fri, May. 12, 2017 to Sat, May. 13, 2017
- Reebok Ragnar Niagara –Fri, May. 19, 2017 to Sat, May. 20, 2017
- Reebok Ragnar Pennsylvania – Fri, Jun. 2, 2017 to Sat, Jun. 3, 2017
- Reebok Ragnar Wasatch Back – Fri, Jun. 2, 2017 to Sat, Jun. 3, 2017
- Ragnar Trail Snowmass – CO – Fri, Jun. 9, 2017 to Sat, Jun. 10, 2017
- Reebok Ragnar Chicago – Fri, Jun. 9, 2017 to Sat, Jun. 10, 2017
- Ragnar Trail New England – MA – Fri, Jun. 16, 2017 to Sat, Jun. 17, 2017
And get a grip on budget wise Ragnar.